Ancient Wisdom for the Modern World
Exploring purpose, wisdom, and transformation.
June 24 – July 1, 2018
With Patrick Lilly & LeeAnn Heinbaugh
Do you have a yearning to delve deep?
A calling to heal, find clarity, and just live your best life?
This Retreat will give you the time, space and experiences to create real change, solid growth, and give you tools and practices from the wisdoms of the ancient Maya that you can live in your every day life. Group size, depending on accommodation preferences, will be 12-15 people.
Our time together will be on the wonderful shores and towns of Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. One of the great natural wonders of the world and the sacred waters of creation for the Maya. Here you will experience Maya ceremony, learn intimately from the many spiritual and artistic traditions, and have time in the abundant natural beauty that lives here.
You will stay at the beautiful Hotel Toliman, in San Lucas Toliman, where the lush flower gardens, swimming pool, many wonderful indoor and outdoor spaces, and a staff will nurture and make sure you have a wonderful time. We will also visit their amazing organic garden (that supplies the restaurant) where you will learn from a master gardener about what it is to tend, grow, and nourish life. http://www.hoteltoliman.com/eng/
Along with Patrick and LeeAnn, you will meet and share time with a variety of shamans, weavers, artists, gardeners, and other wise ones who will share with you.
- Participate in three Mayan ceremonies. Prior to coming you will set your intent and we will then use these petitions in your ceremonies. And not to worry if this is new to you. We’ll guide you through the process.
- Lots of yummy and fun time in community where you can share, learn, and explore the depths of your journey with others.
- Travel by private boat across the exquisite waters and shrouding volcanoes to visit San Juan La Laguna, where the community works with natural dies and back strap weaving. This is a tradition that spans more than 3000 years.
- Learn from the history, oral traditions, and ancient ways of the Maya.
- Experience local markets, towns, and the abundance of natural beauty.
- Have personal retreat time to swim, kayak, write, explore the Maya towns and people.
- Optional activities during your retreat: Volcano hike, zip line, kayak tour, cliff jumping (additional fees apply).
- And, with the abundance of art and handcrafts, time for shopping.
Included: Private transportation to and from Guatemala City on arrival and for departure. Transportation for scheduled activities. Materials and guides for rituals, ceremonies, tours, and translation. Group meals.
Not included: airfare, overnights you may require in Guatemala City or Antigua upon arrival and departure, and other additional side trips you may choose to schedule. Tips, tithing’s (offerings) during ceremony, and other snacks and drinks you may partake in.
Note: Our Retreat shuttle will leave Guatemala City on Saturday, June 24, 2018, at 10:00 am for Lake Atitlan. The return shuttle will depart Lake Atitlan at noon on July 1. Return drop offs can be made in Antigua and Guatemala City. A list of recommended hotels will be provided upon registration.
All rooms are on a first come, first served basis.
And a couple of recent articles written by LeeAnn to give you a bit of insight as to what you’ll experience: