Create your own sacred journey.
Options to consider for creating Custom Retreats:
- Participate in rituals in the Cofradias (Mayan Ceremonial Houses) or at other sacred sites.
- Learn about the stories, traditions, art, and beauty of the Tz’tujil Maya and other storytellers, artists, shamans, elders, musicians, and Traditionalists in the community.
- Visit the Mayan ruins of Chiutinamit following a short private boat ride across the bay and a short hike up the volcano. Just hike the site or do ceremony overlooking the spectacular beauty of Lake Atitlan and connecting with the energy of the ancients.
- Private boat trips to villages around the Lake to meet other Mayan traditionalists and artisans. San Juan, San Pedro, Cerro de Oro, San Lucas, or Santa Cruz, or venture further into the highlands to Chichicastenango.
- Spend time with Mayan weavers, carvers, painters, musicians, and other artisans.
- Visit a Diviner who still works in the old ways of “reading the seeds.”
- Have a reading of your Mayan Birth Chart done from the ancient Cholqi Calendar.
- Venture out with a local fisherman for a magical sunrise meditation in a traditional hand-carved wooden canoe.
- Learn to do personal ceremonies that you can integrate into your own spiritual practice.
Accommodations are available at various levels and pricing.
If you would like to extend your stay and experience in Guatemala, LeeAnn can arrange additional tours with local and regional guides. Some options to consider are:
- A walking tour of Santiago Atitlan that will provide you the history and a comprehensive overview of the community.
- Hiking one of the three volcanoes that surround the Lake.
- Guided historical tours of Antigua, a beautiful Colonial modern city near the capitol.
- Travel to the ancient Mayan Ruins of Tikal.
Please contact LeeAnn directly to inquire about availability and pricing of these add-on tours.